Listen to this article
DANVILLE -- The Gibson City-Melvin-Sibley tennis team lost 7-2 Tuesday to Danville.
Payton Beach/Summer Roesch defeated Blanca Rubio/Kedzic Griffin 8-4 in the No. 2 doubles match and Alayna Miller/Lanie Celeschi defeated Anabella Topia/Emma Martin 8-6 in the No. 3 doubles match for the GCMS.
In exhibitions, Madison Brewer won 6-5, Grace Christensen/Katie Quinley won 8-5, Lexi Darbutt won 6-4, Grace Christensen/Riley Cushman won 8-6 and Rachel Quinley/Katie Quinley won 6-1.
"Danville has been a power house in tennis for many years. It was nice to get some wins off a worthy opponent," GCMS head coach Cindy Petersen said. "We look to keep improving in every match and so far the girls are doing that every time they step on the courts."
Danville 7, GCMS 2
Payton Beach/Summer Roesch (GCMS) def. Blanca Rubio/Kedzic Griffin, 8-4
Alayna Miller/Lanie Celeschi def. Anabella Topia/Emma Martin, 8-6
Madison Brewer (GCMS) won 6-5
Grace Christensen/Katie Quinley (GCMS) won 8-5
Lexi Darbutt (GCMS) won 6-4
Grace Christensen/Riley Cushman (GCMS) won 8-6
Rachel Quinley/Katie Quinley (GCMS) won 6-1
- Lady Knights, Zeldenrust outplay Kankakee Trinity
- Kougars drop pair ot McCutcheon, Washington Twp.
- McGinnis named Iroquois Home Health clinical coordinator
- Ceres Solutions Co-op Announces 2021 Scholars
- Area Sports Wrap
- Solid performances in NCC for KV boys' track
- South Vermillion defeats Attica in softball
Ads to Go
- Wheatfield woman charged with meth possession
- Jasper County Arrest Log for May 5-11
- DeMotte has been targeted for scams recently
- Wheatfield men charged with beating, strangling another man
- Man wanted in Indiana house fire arrested after fiery Illinois crash
- Newton County arrests
- Pucka faces patient complaints, loss of chiropractic license
- Dave's Hot Chicken coming to Lafayette
- Multiple arrests made by on drug charges
- Reverse parade set for Friday in Gibson City