Listen to this article
PONTIAC -- The Gibson City-Melvin-Sibley tennis team lost 9-0 Monday to Pontiac.
"Although the girls lost to Pontiac last night, we had some of our best singles play all year," GCMS head coach Cindy Petersen.
Three of the Falcons' singles matches went to match tiebreakers.
Jessica Mueller played a hard fought lose to Eck split her first two sets 0-6, 6-6(7-5) before losing the match in an 11-9 tiebreaker.
Gabby Dammkoelher split in the first two sets of her match 6-1, 6-6(5-7) before losing the match tiebreaker 12-10.
Paige Shelton split the first two sets of her match 6-2, 3-6 and then lost the match tiebreaker 10-4.
Alayna Miller lost 6-0, 6-3. Emma Kurtenbach was defeated 6-4-6-4. Susan Harmet lost 6-2, 6-3.
"I was very proud of the girls because they played extremely tough in some very hot weather and never gave up on themselves," Petersen said. "We took a lot of games from a tough opponent and it shows that the girls are improving with each competition."
In a junior varsity meet, Payton Beach won 8-2 in her singles match. Riley Cushman/Payton Beach won 8-4 and Grace Christensen/Rachel Quinley won 8-6.
- PBL FFA members attend 212-degree conference
- Roberts board has February meeting
- Vaping awareness push nets over $900
- GCMS Chorus Department to perform 'How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying'
- PBL Education Foundation awards grants
- GAHHS CEO Schmitt named CEO to Know for seventh year
- Roberts mayor addresses county board about wind farm issues
- Sale of Paxton airport should be complete next month
- 15 Central Illinois men arrested in FBI operation in Kankakee area
- Ford County Sheriff issues appeal to citizens in fight against crime
- Illinois sheriffs, police chiefs call on General Assembly to close $5M law enforcement funding hole
- Apex Park Group closes Indiana Beach
- Thawville man applies to state for marijuana growing license in Ford County
- Bank joins list of private donors to PBL Education Foundation's Pillar Campaign
- Falcons grab win over Watseka, look to close out season
- PBL boy's basketball ready to host regional tournament
- Monmouth College track family in on big moment for Gentzler, Holmes
- PBL takes down Cissna Park, claims regular season SVC title